The following is a list of cleaning requirements that must be completed in order to get your security deposit returned:
- Be sure the Site Manager does a Move-Out Condition Report with you before you leave – very important! You must let the Site Manager know when you are ready to do the Move-Out Report.
- Turn in all your keys, including laundry room keys to the Site Manager (also keys that you gave to family/friends).
- Clean stove and oven completely (including behind and under).
- Defrost freezer, clean fridge completely (including behind and under).
- Wash all shelves and cupboards thoroughly in apartment.
- If there are spots on the walls, wash them off.
- Clean bathroom completely and thoroughly.
- Wash baseboards around apartment.
- Wash floors throughout entire apartment; vacuum and shampoo carpets* (provide carpet cleaning receipt).
- If sinks or tubs are used when cleaning, be sure they are cleaned.
- Wash all windows, blinds and window ledges.
- Clean/wash all light fixtures. Ensure all light bulbs are in working order – charges will be assessed for burnt out and/or missing bulbs.
- Return smart card (if applicable) to Site Manager to avoid a $25.00 replacement charge.
- DON'T LEAVE ANY GARBAGE BEHIND! THERE WILL BE A CHARGE FOR LEAVING FUNITURE AT THE BFI BIN.
NOTE: All carpets must be cleaned prior to moving out. If you do not have them cleaned, we will, and the cost will come off your security deposit.